If you are an employee who suffers a work-related injury or illness, you may be entitled to employee benefits. Unfortunately, employers or insurance companies routinely deny workers claims even when they are legitimate, leaving injured workers with a complicated complaint system. Many candidates give up at this point, while others do their best to navigate the system.
Hiring a dedicated tucson workers compensation lawyer gives you a much better chance of getting your deserved benefits. A workers compensation lawyer reno nv will communicate with workers’ insurance on your behalf, gather medical evidence to support your claim, try to negotiate a good deal, and represent you at your workers’ hearings.
- Collects All the Evidence You Need to Win the Case
Insufficient medical evidence is perhaps the most common reason workers’ claims are denied. Even if your application is approved, if you have solid medical evidence to support your case, you’re more likely to receive all the medical care you need — and the other benefits you deserve.
An attorney can help create medical evidence by:
- Medical record collection
- Arrange or recommend treatment from a particular doctor
- Obtain a medical opinion from your doctor and go through an independent medical examination
- to represent you when you are asked to appear and answer witness statements, and
- Carry out expert medical testimony.
- Certificate from a professional expert about the physical demands of your job
- Comments from friends and family members about your daily activities or
- Evidence supporting your employer’s history of poor safety or lack of training.
An experienced employment attorney will use the strengths and weaknesses of your case to understand the necessity of the evidence to win the trial.
- Presents Your Case the Best Way During the Trial
If you cannot reach an agreement, your case will be brought before an administrative hearing or court before a labor judge. Your attorney can take witness statements, ask for your medical records, and conduct legal research during the investigation process.
He can also use a power of attorney to write all your applications, questions, and responses to insurance companies. This makes sure everything is okay and served.
- Present Valid Theories to Support Your Case
During the trial, your attorney will provide the judge with a theory on why you are eligible for the compensation, present opening and closing arguments, question witnesses, and object if the insurance company makes a mistake. If you are not satisfied with the trial’s outcome, your attorney can help you challenge the decision.